Monday, May 23, 2011

Earlier this month, I attended the 2nd annual Riley Children's Cancer Center Prom. This event was started last year for kids just like me undergoing treatment for cancer. This years theme was "Wonderland". I had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones too. I danced all night long. I only left the dance floor to refuel with ice cream & cookies. This photo shows me with the Riley Childrens Foundation President & CEO getting down!!! Kevin has some really great moves. He taught me a dance called the "sprinkler"!! We even crowned a king & queen My moms says this is an opportunity for all of us to forget about hospitals, IV's, injections, medicines, surgeries and all the stuff we have to got through everyday in dealing with pediatric cancer. On prom night, we celebrated life and just enjoyed being kids. Thanks to all who helped make this fantastic event possible. It was a night to remember!!

No comments:

Post a Comment