Saturday, April 28, 2012

Freetime on Friday

On Friday, we were given the day to spend as we wished.  I started my day by having breakfast with the BIG CHEESE Mickey Mouse!!  We strolled downstairs (in our pajamas!!!) to see if we could get into Chef Mickey's.  It's one of my favorite spots to dine, but we didn't have a reservation; however once the hostesses identified me as being a CMN Champion, they immediatley led us to a table where we began to chow down!!  YUM! YUM!!  After putting on clothes that were suitable for a public appearance, we hopped aboard the monorail.  Destination: EPCOT!!  We rode all of my favorite rides & attractions!!  I absolutely love Soarin'!!  We rode it 2 times!!!  Before I knew it, it was time for lunch.  We took the water taxi over to the Yacht & Beach Club for the go-to spot for ice cream..............  Ariel's Beaches & Cream!!  Lunch was great, but the No Way Jose was the ultimate treat.  Only Disney could create an ice cream sundae that is the size of my head!!!  After lunch we decided to head back to the hotel because I was feeling kind of crummy.  I'm not a big complainer and who wants to take a nap at the hotel WHEN YOU'RE AT DISNEY WORLD!!!!  But, mom knows best. :)  She called the doctor, who then came to my hotel room to check me out.  Turns out, I was very, very sick.  Dr. Forbes was fantastic!!  She got me all fixed up so that I could survive the next 5 days of our trip.  Two prescriptions and a 6 hour nap later, I was starting to feel like my old self!!!  And I would have never imagined that the doctor who took care of me that day would become such an important & special person in my life.  She is the most lovely person inside & out!!  My friends over at the Whispering Canyon Cafe (thanks "Slick Sam") heard that I was sick and they sent over a very nice "Get Well Champion" gift to cheer me up and boy did it help!!  I am surrounded by such very kind, caring, big-hearted people, and I feel so blessed to have each one of them in my life!!  Love y'all!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment